What is event operations? Well, it depends on who you ask but to us, event operations are the people behind your event that you often don’t see and hear. They are the team at your event doing the actual execution. Operations do everything they can to keep your event running smoothly, from organizing execution to creating processes.
In today’s episode of #EventIcons our guests Chris Roberts of EventOps, Liz Lathan of Haute Dokimazo are here to talk about everything needed to succeed in event operations. From the skillsets needed for a career in event operations to measuring success in operations with metrics we have you covered! If you want to make sure your event is running smooth then you can’t afford to miss this episode!
We want to help keep you up-to-date with the latest and greatest! Below, in our Epic Resources section, we link the awesome insider favorites that were mentioned in this episode! You WANT to check these out! What has been your favorite episode so far? Comment below and let us know!
You’re watching this recording of our episode here on our blog, but wouldn’t you rather watch live, ask your own questions, and participate in person? Subscribe now to watch live! (We’ll remind you of upcoming episodes.) We would love for you to join us LIVE and bring your questions for our icons. This is all for you!
The most difficult part of budgeting with events is there is no standard. @eventopssware
Click To Tweet
Event managers are project managers, but project managers may not be event managers. @lizlathan
Click To Tweet
How To Subscribe:
- Click here to watch the show live and get email notifications of new episodes.
- Subscribe via iTunes: Video & Audio or Audio Only
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed): Video & Audio or Audio Only
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
- Chris Roberts of EventOps(@eventopssware)
- Liz Lathan of Haute Dokimazo(@lizlathan)
- Will Curran of Endless Events (@itswillcurran)
Check out the epic resources mentioned in this episode:
- Eventops software
- Haute Dokimazo
- Event tech tribe
- Corporate Event
- Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days by Jake Knapp(Book)
- 24 Assets Book by Daniel Priestley(Book)
- Periscope Data
- Zapier Blog
- Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders by L. David Marquet(Book)
- Moleskin smart notebook
- Death by Meeting: A Leadership Fable by Patrick M. Lencioni(Book)
- Best self journal
from Endless Events https://helloendless.com/event-operations/